Alright, alright, alright. Hard Summer has finally jumped onto the camping bandwagon, and it will be hotter than satan’s ballsack! You should be expecting sunny skies and highs in the 80’s with an expected heat wave and no chance of rain! Good luck!
So whether you are camping, staying in a nice air conditioned hotel, or sleeping in your car (we have all considered it), I have created a packing list just for you and the other thousands of people that will be partying it up with you!
First things first, Hard Summer is at a brand new location this year, so my experience from last year may be completely different. Check-in for camping begins at 3:00pm on Friday, July 29 and closes at 9:00 pm so account for traffic. Note: you are in LA so it won’t just be standard festival traffic.
- Sleeping Bag
- Air Mattress – Camping is on the racetrack, so I recommend an air mattress over a sleeping bag..
- Wagon – As I’ve stated a million times, this is the best thing to bring unless you have a lot of hands to carry everything.
- Backpack/Duffle Bag
- Trash Bags
- Extra Toilet Paper
- A Flag or Balloon
- Flashlights w/ Batteries
- EZ up
- Alcohol – Liquor is not allowed but wine and beer are.
- Wet Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Plates, Utensils, Cups, Paper Towels
- Small Mirror – Technically, mirrors aren’t allowed but..
- First Aid Kit
- Tickets – Unfortunately, Hard Summer does not have wristbands so you must bring your ticket everyday! Don’t forget it!
- ID and Money – 18+
- Sunscreen – If it was anything like last year, there are not many opportunities for shade and it is sunny af. Wear your sunscreen ladies and gents.
- Dry Shampoo
- Makeup Wipes/Face Wipes/Body Wipes
- Hair Brush, Hairspray, Clips, Hairties, etc.
- Charger – Bring a portable one if you’re camping!
- Clothes – Honestly, wear the least clothes possible.
- Bathing Suit
- Bandanas – Douse it in water and put it on your forehead to cool off!!
- Lightweight Scarf – These are actually very useful to block the beating sun AND they are fun to dance with too!
- Face Paint/Glitter
- Fanny Pack
- Camelbak – This is the #1 thing you should bring! Stay hydrated folks!
- Camera – Or you can use your phone 🙂
And remember, if you forget to bring something, you will be in the city so you have access to anything you forgot!